Today I reached a pretty major milestone in my life as a bicyclist: I have officially ridden my bike every day for the past 6 months. Starting on March 31st I have ridden my bicycle every day for a total of 1330 miles. Now to be honest, that includes a few very cold days in April when I rode my bike around the cul-de-sac three times and called it a night and at least two days on our trip to Maine that it was raining, and I only biked to the end of the driveway and back. But, I was on my bike every day.
It is a pretty awesome feeling! I wasn’t sure I would be able to do it when I started way back in April, but now I don’t want to stop. I am hoping to keep it up at least until the first snow, but we’ll see how I handle the cold.
I’ve done a lot of different things over those 6 months:
- rebuilding my bike myself
- Tour de Donut in Arcanum, Ohio – 30 miles
- BikeTOURberfest – 37 miles
- Solstice Ride from Muncie to Richmond – 42 miles
- riding carriage trails in Acadia National Park in Maine
- my daily commute to work – 6 miles round trip
- Big Steve’s Awesome Route – 36 miles
- a short 30 minute mountain biking adventure in Maine
- grocery getting in Richmond
- biking to church
- riding lots of miles with friends
- biking in sun, rain, freezing temperatures, and wind
It has been a great adventure, and I am hoping to reach 2000 miles before the year ends.